Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My not so savory experience with Jollibee

Okay I know this is a blog so let me try make my long story short.
This morning we ate breakfast at Jollibee Emerald Ave. (Ortigas Center) branch and I ate a good portion of their spoiled gravy (yummy!!!) which even their crew won't even want to taste it. After some discussion, they admitted that somehow they forgot to wash/remove the old gravy (Wow is this what you call quality control?) and unfortunately it ended up on my plate (hey I'm getting hungry now).

Of course I called the manager and she just apologized (well I already ate spoonfuls of it and the best you could do is apologized?) but after seeing me disgusted offered to change the gravy (please don't I like the sour taste of your gravy) and again they felt that changing the gravy alone won't let then off the hook so they up the ante and suggested to change my Chicken Joy meal (now I know why their chicken is not so happy) to a new one. They prepared it faster than I can even utter anything.

Because I just took a quick break, I decided to went back to my office and just called Jollibee hotline to inform them of what just happened. A couple of hours later, manager from the said Jollibee branch called me and offered some peace offering. Somebody went to my office and gave me gift certificates which I found the amount rather insulting. So I called the same manager and told her what I've felt. She apologized again and asked how can she make it up to me and offered to give more gift certificates and a free check up from their clinic a few buildings away. So I told her just don't give me an insulting amount and she said she will sent someone again to give the additional gift certificates. We also agreed upon that I will let them know if I will accept their offer about the check up and it depends if I feel ill or not.

No one went to my office and no one called me. I called them and said I was about to go home but unfortunately the manager I talked to was out on her break. An hour passed and before I step out of the office I remember to call them back. Talked to another manager and was told that she didn't get any information about the additional gift certficates and she will let me know right away and just give her 10 minutes to call her boss, the other manager that made promised to me. She called me back and was informed that she got no reply about the gift certificate even after she mentioned it and just been told that I need to go with them and have me check up by their company doctor "whether I like it or not"

Now this made me really furious. It's not about the gift certificate or anything but its about what has been agreed upon and in any case something came up or theres a change or anything, maybe someone calling me to inform me isn't asking for too much. I ate their stinking gravy that even their own crew doesn't even want to taste it, been anxious the whole day because I might get sick or something then Jollibee will tell me "whether I like it or not" I need to come with them for a medical check up? What the? Let me sign a waiver or something but don't tell me "whether I like it or not" I need to come with you guys.

I made a long email and complained about what happened and sent it to feedback@jollibee.com.ph and jbcare@sterlingglobal.com (Sterling Global handles their customer support) and I also called and talked to someone from Sterling Global and will update this blog whatever action (or the the lack off) they will do.

6 comments:

Bob Reyes said...

Visit a somewhat similar post at http://www.bobreyes.com/myblog/2007/04/10/jollibee-87-000-sucks/

JollySucks said...

Yeah saw that...and actually linked it to this blog.

janvinz888 said...

me too hav bad story about jollibee!

read it pls and comment..
http://chickenjoyorchickenhate.blogspot.com/2008/08/i-write-this-not-to-make-any-against.html

Anonymous said...

pakiayos po ang grammar before magrant :)

voji said...

here's my latest experience with jollibee
http://www.nievo.net/jollibee-service-sucks/

splint27 said...

paninira!

haha..