Thursday, February 14, 2008

I can not believe this...another Jollibee spoiled product?!?

Today February 14, 2008 (Happy Valentines by the way) my co worker decided to take his chance at Jollibee Emerald Ave. branch (yes the same branch as before) because he thought that my incident was an isolated case. He was wrong. The picture on the right is the actual partially eaten spoiled rice (again?) he ate. He immediately called my attention and let me smell the rice which has a strong odor of spoiled food. I took out my handy Blackberry and took a picture.

This is the second time we, here at our company experienced eating spoiled food in as many weeks. And I bet we are not the only people who complained about it. How about those people who ate the same batch of gravy last week? How about those customers who took the same batch of rice today?

If I would rate Jollibee Emerald ave branch food quality, I'll gave it a zero. It's time to teach everyone the proper way to handle, cook, discard food. I hope Jollibee big bosses will do something about it before somebody get ill. Wake up!!!

2 comments:

fairlady said...

Congo Grill sucks! I heard from my friend that the current owner scammed his original partners. Forcing them out and keeping the business all to himself. What kind of person does this ? Greedy indeed ! Boycott Congo Grill !

Anonymous said...

boycott all fast food restaurants! boycott all capitalist restaurants!